Even the best information security infrastructure cannot guarantee that intrusions or other malicious acts will not happen. When information or technology incidents occur, it will be critical for an organization to have an effective program, process, and qualified individuals responding.The speed with which an organization can recognize, analyze, and respond to an incident will limit the damage done and lower the cost of recovery.
The CERT-Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CSIH) certification program has been created for
- computer network incident handling and incident responder professionals
- computer security incident response team (CSIRT) members and technical staff
- system and network administrators with incident handling experience
- incident handling educators
- cyber security technical staff
The certification is recommended for those computer security professionals with one or more years of experience in incident handling and/or equivalent security-related experience. Although completion of training is not a requirement, we highly recommend that each applicant ensure they have studied appropriately for the examination.
SEI CERT provides certification and training programs to support the needs of military, civilian, and contract personnel who handle information systems with the appropriate certification and training needed for the job they perform.