(Distribution A – Unlimited) This Cyber Security and Information Systems Information Analysis Center (CSIAC) tools report (First Edition) provides a brief background on what malware is, the types of malware and how they operate, recent trends in malware capabilities, behaviors, and incidents, and what makes systems vulnerable to malware infection. The report also discusses the types of countermeasures used to fight malware, and the technological capabilities employed by those countermeasures. The report goes on to provide a summary of the characteristics and capabilities of 150+ publicly-available anti-malware tools (commercial, open source, and free). Finally, the report identifies a number of suggested resources for learning more about malware and anti-malware technology and tools and for obtaining guidance on how to effectively mitigate malware risks throughout the information technology life cycle.
- Hitachi Hackers Cashed in on Security Gaps in India’s Worst-ever Cybersecurity Breach Digest Article
- Can Google Win Its Battle with Android Malware? Digest Article
- Has ‘Fireball’ Malware Infected 250 Million Computers? Microsoft Disputes Shocking Claim Digest Article
- Overview of the Software Assurance Marketplace (SWAMP) and SWAMP-in-a-Box (SiB) CSIAC Webinar
- CCleaner Malware Infects Big Tech Companies With Second Backdoor Digest Article