The purpose of this report is to provide baseline information about a selected set of metrics, specifically productivity, complexity, and reliability. It is not a comprehensive treatment of metrics; indeed, that subject is treated in a number of texts and DoD initiatives. Some of these initiatives include the Joint Logistics Commanders’ Practical Software Measurement (PSM) program, the SEI’s Software Engineering Measurement and Analysis (SEMA) program (Carleton 92), and the U.S. Army’s Software Test and Evaluation Panel (STEP) metrics. These initiatives, for the most part, provide methodologies for the implementation of metrics based on the concept of management indicators. All management indicators are based on the collection of elemental data that we call, in this report, metrics.
- Introduction to Tools & Testing Techniques for Assured Software – DoD Software Assurance Community of Practice: Volume 2 Journal Article
- Systems Engineering Challenges for Integrating Software Assurance into Defense Systems Throughout the System Acquisition Lifecycle CSIAC Webinar
- Engineering Software Assurance into Weapons Systems During the DoD Acquisition Life Cycle Journal Article
- Improving Software Assurance through Static Analysis Tool Expositions Journal Article
- The Software Assurance State-of-the-Art Resource Journal Article