In the twelfth HIPAA enforcement action so far this year, federal regulators have smacked St. Joseph Health System with a $2.14 million penalty after investigating a breach that left protected health information of nearly 32,000 individuals exposed to internet searches for more than a year.
- Over 14 Million Verizon Customers’ Data Exposed On Unprotected AWS Server Digest Article
- After Getting Hacked, Uber Paid Hackers $100,000 to Keep Data Breach Secret Digest Article
- Regulators to Press Uber After it Admits Covering up Data Breach Digest Article
- FBI Arrests Another Hacker Who Visited United States to Attend a Conference Digest Article
- Home Economics: How Life in 123 Million American Households Was Exposed Online Digest Article