A key lesson to be learned from this case “is that the Office for Civil Rights can only be pushed so far when a covered entity or business associate is shown to have systemic, management-driven failures in putting into place safeguards to protect its health information,” says privacy attorney David Holtzman, vice president at the security consulting firm CynergisTek.
- Has ‘Fireball’ Malware Infected 250 Million Computers? Microsoft Disputes Shocking Claim Digest Article
- Industry Calls for More Cyber Threat Context from DHS Digest Article
- Home Economics: How Life in 123 Million American Households Was Exposed Online Digest Article
- Data Privacy Day – Business and Organization Resources Information Page
- FBI Arrests Another Hacker Who Visited United States to Attend a Conference Digest Article