A key lesson to be learned from this case “is that the Office for Civil Rights can only be pushed so far when a covered entity or business associate is shown to have systemic, management-driven failures in putting into place safeguards to protect its health information,” says privacy attorney David Holtzman, vice president at the security consulting firm CynergisTek.
- Has ‘Fireball’ Malware Infected 250 Million Computers? Microsoft Disputes Shocking Claim Digest Article
- OTA Calls IoT Cyberattacks “Shot Across the Bow” Digest Article
- Industry Calls for More Cyber Threat Context from DHS Digest Article
- More Than One Million Google Accounts Hit by Malware Digest Article
- Exclusive: U.S. Air Force Inks $19 Million Cybersecurity Deal Digest Article