A key lesson to be learned from this case “is that the Office for Civil Rights can only be pushed so far when a covered entity or business associate is shown to have systemic, management-driven failures in putting into place safeguards to protect its health information,” says privacy attorney David Holtzman, vice president at the security consulting firm CynergisTek.
- Home Economics: How Life in 123 Million American Households Was Exposed Online Digest Article
- Data Privacy Day – Business and Organization Resources Information Page
- Cambridge Analytica Shuts Down All Offices Amid Ongoing Facebook Crisis Digest Article
- Cambridge Analytica Took 50M Facebook Users’ Data – And Both Companies Owe Answers Digest Article
- FBI Arrests Another Hacker Who Visited United States to Attend a Conference Digest Article