In today’s post, we are publishing research showing a coordinated effort by the same spammer that targeted WordPress plugins over a 4.5-year period. In some cases, site owners opted in to a vague agreement that didn’t make it clear that their sites would be serving spam; in other cases, plugins were simply “backdoored” to allow posting without a site owner’s permission.
- Threats: Social Engineering and Malicious Spam Dominate Digest Article
- Massive Email Campaign Sends Locky Ransomware to Over 23 Million Users Digest Article
- China Builds Five Qubit Quantum Computer Sampling and Will Scale to 20 Qubits by End of This Year and Could Any Beat Regular Computer Next Year Digest Article
- Uber paid 20-year-old Florida man to keep data breach secret – sources Digest Article
- Ransomware Targeting WordPress – An Emerging Threat Digest Article