With the two bills now reconciled by House and Senate negotiators and included in the omnibus budget spending bill, the combined bills join the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), which modernized roles, responsibilities, and requirements for management of information security and the National Cybersecurity Protection Act, which codified the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC), as significant pieces of legislation to address the growing cybersecurity threat facing the United States.
- House Panel to Consider Bill to Revamp DHS Cyber Team Digest Article
- Defending Against Cyberwar: How the Cybersecurity Elite Are Working to Prevent a Digital Apocalypse Digest Article
- NIST Announces Plan to Sponsor First Cybersecurity FFRDC Digest Article
- US Congress Passes CLOUD Act Hidden in Budget Spending Bill Digest Article
- NIST forms 5G alliance of 130 companies Digest Article