The U.S. Coast Guard has a split-identity – it’s a military service, but it falls under the purview of the Homeland Security Department, not the Defense Department. That means its Cyber Command has to balance the competing demands of protecting operational capability in an armed conflict with protecting infrastructure during peacetime.
- DoD’s Network Defense Headquarters Achieves Full Operational Capability Digest Article
- U.S. Government Shares Technical Details on North Korean Hacking Campaign Digest Article
- House Panel to Consider Bill to Revamp DHS Cyber Team Digest Article
- Statement by President Donald J. Trump on the Elevation of Cyber Command Digest Article
- JEDI Will Be Just One of Many Clouds, Says Pentagon’s No. 2 Digest Article