In a new study in Science, a pair of researchers at Columbia University and the New York Genome Center (NYGC) show that an algorithm designed for streaming video on a cellphone can unlock DNA’s nearly full storage potential by squeezing more information into its four base nucleotides.
- Defense Contractor Stored Intelligence Data in Amazon Cloud Unprotected [Updated] Digest Article
- John Kelly’s Personal Cellphone was Compromised, White House Believes Digest Article
- Chip Could Make Voice Control Ubiquitous in Electronics Digest Article
- Malware Uses Router LEDs to Steal Data From Secure Networks Digest Article
- Watch Hackers Take Over the Mouse of a Power-Grid Computer Digest Article