In a new study in Science, a pair of researchers at Columbia University and the New York Genome Center (NYGC) show that an algorithm designed for streaming video on a cellphone can unlock DNA’s nearly full storage potential by squeezing more information into its four base nucleotides.
- Computer Scientists Develop a Simple Tool to Tell if Websites Suffered a Data Breach Digest Article
- Golden Touch: Next-gen Optical Disk to Solve Data Storage Challenge Digest Article
- Security Researcher Says DirecTV Hardware Can Be Easily Hacked Digest Article
- A Bot Backed by Elon Musk Has Made an AI Breakthrough in Video Game World Digest Article
- Supreme Court Rules that Warrants Generally Are Required to Collect Cellphone Data Digest Article