The use of wartime analogies in cybersecurity is common in our industry. Sun Tzu is often quoted in presentations and papers to emphasize an author’s key point. I will spare you that in this article; however, I would like to introduce the idea of applying a rigorous framework derived from kinetic warfare to the cyber realm. The notion of complex adaptive systems (CAS) as introduced by Brigadier General Wayne Michael Hall and Dr. Gary Citrenbaum in their book on intelligence collection provides such a framework.
- Naval Intelligence Director: Navy Must Learn to Fight Through Cyber-Attacks Digest Article
- Olympic Destroyer Data-Wiping Malware Is More Complex Than Previously Thought Digest Article
- Beyond Plan B: Army Embraces Broad Cyber Program Digest Article
- NIST Cyber Framework for Federal Agencies Coming Soon Digest Article
- Shaping Preventive Policy in “Cyber War” and Cyber Security: A Pragmatic Approach Journal Article