The use of wartime analogies in cybersecurity is common in our industry. Sun Tzu is often quoted in presentations and papers to emphasize an author’s key point. I will spare you that in this article; however, I would like to introduce the idea of applying a rigorous framework derived from kinetic warfare to the cyber realm. The notion of complex adaptive systems (CAS) as introduced by Brigadier General Wayne Michael Hall and Dr. Gary Citrenbaum in their book on intelligence collection provides such a framework.
- What Tallinn Manual 2.0 Teaches Us About The New Cyber Order Digest Article
- Naval Intelligence Director: Navy Must Learn to Fight Through Cyber-Attacks Digest Article
- Beyond Plan B: Army Embraces Broad Cyber Program Digest Article
- Shaping Preventive Policy in “Cyber War” and Cyber Security: A Pragmatic Approach Journal Article
- Federal Panel Urges 11 Steps to Avert a Cyber 9/11 Digest Article