In May credit reporting service Equifax’s website was breached by attackers who eventually made off with Social Security numbers, names, and a dizzying amount of other details for some 145.5 million US consumers. For several hours on Wednesday, and again early Thursday morning, the site was maliciously manipulated again, this time to deliver fraudulent Adobe Flash updates, which when clicked, infected visitors’ computers with adware that was detected by only three of 65 antivirus providers.
- How to Steal $500 Million in Cryptocurrency Digest Article
- Symantec Says ‘Highly Likely’ North Korea Group Behind Ransomware Attacks Digest Article
- Hack Brief: Dangerous ‘Fireball’ Adware Infects a Quarter Billion PCs Digest Article
- Researchers Uncover Maze of Hidden Backdoors in European Embassy and Ministry Systems Digest Article
- Intel’s latest set of Spectre microcode fixes is coming to a Windows update Digest Article