Researchers from Australia and China used gold nanoparticles to create a new type of high-capacity optical storage disk which can hold data securely for more than 600 years. The technology promises a better solution to the global data storage problem where the explosion of big data and cloud storage has led to power-hungry data centres.
- ORNL Researchers Turn to Deep Learning to Solve Science’s Big Data Problem Digest Article
- Blockchain: Applications, Security Promises and Internals CSIAC Webinar
- Home Economics: How Life in 123 Million American Households Was Exposed Online Digest Article
- Apple Bows to China’s New Stringent Cyber Laws, Announces First Ever Chinese Data Center Digest Article
- NIST SP 500-325, Fog Computing Conceptual Model Reference Document