Apps that use your smartphone’s microphone need to ask permission, but the motion sensors? No say-so needed. That might not sound like a big deal, but security researchers from Stanford University and defense firm Rafael have discovered a way to turn Android phone gyroscopes into crude microphones.
- Android Toast Overlay Attack: “Cloak and Dagger” With No Permissions Digest Article
- What You Need to Know About the Phones That Were Secretly Sending Data to China Digest Article
- When Apps Secretly Team Up to Steal Your Data Digest Article
- Satellite Phone Encryption Calls Can be Cracked in Fractions of a Second Digest Article
- ToastAmigo Malware Uses New Twist to Attack Toast Overlay Vulnerability Digest Article