A Romanian man and woman are accused of hacking into the outdoor surveillance system deployed by Washington DC police, which they used to distribute ransomware. The two suspects are named Mihai Alexandru Isvanca and Eveline Cismaru, Romanian nationals, both arrested last week by Romanian authorities part of Operation Bakovia that culminated with the arrest of five suspects on charges of distributing email spam laced with the CTB-Locker and Cerber ransomware strains.
- FBI Arrests Another Hacker Who Visited United States to Attend a Conference Digest Article
- SyncCrypt Ransomware Hides Inside JPG Files, Appends .KK Extension Digest Article
- Romanian hackers took over D.C. surveillance cameras just before presidential inauguration, federal prosecutors say Digest Article
- Ransomware Targeting WordPress – An Emerging Threat Digest Article
- New Satan Ransomware Available Through a Ransomware as a Service Digest Article