Using a UEFI BIOS rootkit, the Hacking Team group created a module for their Remote Control System (Galileo) surveillance software, which would check to see if the OS was infected with its malware agent every time the user rebooted the PC and would re-infect the system if its agent was missing.
- CCleaner Malware Infects Big Tech Companies With Second Backdoor Digest Article
- FBI Seizes Domain Behind Major Russian Botnet Digest Article
- No Macros? No Problem for New Malware Attack Digest Article
- Monero-Mining HiddenMiner Android Malware Can Potentially Cause Device Failure Digest Article
- Researchers Create Malware That Steals Data via Power Lines Digest Article