Using a UEFI BIOS rootkit, the Hacking Team group created a module for their Remote Control System (Galileo) surveillance software, which would check to see if the OS was infected with its malware agent every time the user rebooted the PC and would re-infect the system if its agent was missing.
- Has ‘Fireball’ Malware Infected 250 Million Computers? Microsoft Disputes Shocking Claim Digest Article
- CCleaner Malware Infects Big Tech Companies With Second Backdoor Digest Article
- More Than One Million Google Accounts Hit by Malware Digest Article
- Fileless Memory-Based Malware Plagues 140 Banks, Enterprises Digest Article
- Rakos Malware Takes Over Embedded Linux Devices Digest Article