The RSA report detailed the threat from a malware operation the company dubbed “Kingslayer.” According to RSA, the attackers compromised the Web site of a company that sells software to help Windows system administrators better parse and understand Windows event logs. RSA said the site hosting the event log management software was only compromised for two weeks – from April 9, 2015 to April 25, 2015 – but that the intrusion was likely far more severe than the short duration of the inDatatrusion suggests.
- We Tested Equifax’s Data Breach Checker — And It’s Basically Useless Digest Article
- Zero-Day Windows Security Flaw Could Crash Systems, Cause BSODs Digest Article
- Equifax Data Breach: What You Need to Know Digest Article
- Intel Patches Nine-Year-Old Critical CPU Vulnerability Digest Article
- 8 More Chrome Extensions Hijacked to Target 4.8 Million Users Digest Article