The RSA report detailed the threat from a malware operation the company dubbed “Kingslayer.” According to RSA, the attackers compromised the Web site of a company that sells software to help Windows system administrators better parse and understand Windows event logs. RSA said the site hosting the event log management software was only compromised for two weeks – from April 9, 2015 to April 25, 2015 – but that the intrusion was likely far more severe than the short duration of the inDatatrusion suggests.
- Major Data Breach at Marine Forces Reserve Impacts Thousands Digest Article
- We Tested Equifax’s Data Breach Checker — And It’s Basically Useless Digest Article
- Equifax Data Breach: What You Need to Know Digest Article
- Every Major OS Maker Misread Intel’s Docs. Now Their Kernels can be Hijacked or Crashed Digest Article
- Kali Linux Now in Windows Store, but Defender Flags Its Packages as Threats! Digest Article