The Daily Beast found a number of recent posts on several Russian-language crime forums, in which users were looking for people to collaborate with to abuse Airbnb’s service. According to Rick Holland, VP of strategy from cybersecurity firm Digital Shadows, these operations rely on an individual or group using legitimate or stolen Airbnb accounts to request bookings and make payments to their collaborating Airbnb host. The host then sends back a percentage of the profits, despite no one staying in the property.
- An Instagram Hack Hit Millions of Accounts, And Victims’ Phone Numbers Are Now For Sale Digest Article
- Smominru Monero Mining Botnet Making Millions for Operators Digest Article
- Silence Gang Borrows From CARBANAK to Steal From Banks Digest Article
- OnePlus Says up to 40,000 Customers Were Affected by Credit Card Security Breach Digest Article
- APT3 Threat Group a Contractor for Chinese Intelligence Agency Digest Article