When the Spectre and Meltdown bugs hit, it became clear that they wouldn’t be fixed with a few quick patches – the problem runs deeper than that. Fortunately, Intel has had plenty of time to work on it, and new chips coming out later this year will include improvements at the hardware/architecture level that protect against the flaws. Well, two out of three, anyway.
- Meltdown and Spectre: Vulnerabilities in Modern Computers Leak Passwords and Sensitive Data. Digest Article
- Intel’s latest set of Spectre microcode fixes is coming to a Windows update Digest Article
- Meltdown, Spectre: The password Theft Bugs at the Heart of Intel CPUs Digest Article
- Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Update to Hamstring Earlier ‘Spectre’ Defense Digest Article
- Microsoft’s Windows 7 Meltdown Patch Created ‘Worse’ Flaw Digest Article