The penetration testing and security auditing platform called Kali Linux is now available in the Windows 10 Store as a Linux environment that can be used with the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). The problem is someone forgot one little thing. Some of Kali’s more popular packages are detected as hacktools and exploits by Windows Defender.
- Android Users: To Avoid Malware, Try the F-Droid App Store Digest Article
- Calendar 2 Made $2K in 3 Days Mining Cryptocurrency, but Apple Says it Violated Mac App Store Guidelines Digest Article
- Security Vulnerability Puts Linux Kernel at Risk Digest Article
- Intel’s latest set of Spectre microcode fixes is coming to a Windows update Digest Article
- Every Major OS Maker Misread Intel’s Docs. Now Their Kernels can be Hijacked or Crashed Digest Article