An undocumented function in LNK shortcut file type is employed by Janicab, a Trojan that infects Windows and Mac systems alike, to pass command line arguments that are not visible to Windows’s file manager.
- Hack Brief: Dangerous ‘Fireball’ Adware Infects a Quarter Billion PCs Digest Article
- PowerPoint File Downloads Malware When You Hover a Link, No Macros Required Digest Article
- Zero-Day Windows Security Flaw Could Crash Systems, Cause BSODs Digest Article
- Spoofed SEC Emails Distribute Evolved DNSMessenger Digest Article
- Leaked NSA Hacking Exploit Used in WannaCry Ransomware is Now Powering Trojan Malware Digest Article