The Defense Department’s new Research and Engineering office will take a more assertive role in setting the direction of U.S. military technology development, a senior official from the new organization said March 20. The undersecretary of defense for research and engineering “will set the technical direction for the department, not just recommend,” a slide displayed at the National Defense Industrial Association’s Science and Engineering Technology conference in Austin, Texas, stated.
- Los Alamos Gains Role in High-Performance Computing for Materials Program Digest Article
- DoD Memo Starts to Cleave its Acquisition Office in Half, Reassigns Workforce Digest Article
- House Panel to Consider Bill to Revamp DHS Cyber Team Digest Article
- DHS S&T Awards $640K to the Critical Infrastructure Resilience Institute for Supply Chain Cyber-Threats Research Digest Article
- Call for Papers for Publication Video Podcast