The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) was hit with a ransomware attack on Friday, causing fare station terminals to carry the message, “You are Hacked. ALL Data Encrypted.” Turns out, the miscreant behind this extortion attempt got hacked himself this past weekend, revealing details about other victims as well as tantalizing clues about his identity and location.
- Massive Email Campaign Sends Locky Ransomware to Over 23 Million Users Digest Article
- Cisco Rolls Out Solution to Detect Malware in Encrypted Traffic Digest Article
- GDPR and Data Localization: The Significant (and Often Unforeseen) Impact on the Cloud Digest Article
- Dutch Spies Watched as Russians Hacked US Democrats: Report Digest Article
- US Carriers Partner on a Better Mobile Authentication System Digest Article