The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) was hit with a ransomware attack on Friday, causing fare station terminals to carry the message, “You are Hacked. ALL Data Encrypted.” Turns out, the miscreant behind this extortion attempt got hacked himself this past weekend, revealing details about other victims as well as tantalizing clues about his identity and location.
- Massive Email Campaign Sends Locky Ransomware to Over 23 Million Users Digest Article
- Ukraine Investigates Possible Cyberattack on Power Grid in Kiev Digest Article
- US Carriers Partner on a Better Mobile Authentication System Digest Article
- Roles and Responsibilities for Defending the Nation from Cyber Attack Digest Article
- Over 14 Million Verizon Customers’ Data Exposed On Unprotected AWS Server Digest Article