In recent years, there has been a substantial amount of research on quantum computers – machines that exploit quantum mechanical phenomena to solve mathematical problems that are difficult or intractable for conventional computers. If large-scale quantum computers are ever built, they will compromise the security of many commonly used cryptographic algorithms.
- After Years of Avoidance, Department of Energy Joins Quest to Develop Quantum Computers Digest Article
- Google’s Quantum Computing Plans Threatened by IBM Curveball Digest Article
- Quantum Computers Compete for “Supremacy” Digest Article
- Qudits: The Real Future of Quantum Computing? Digest Article
- Serious Quantum Computers are Finally Here. What are we Going to do With Them? Digest Article