An easily-exploitable security flaw was found in the wireless video bridge that ships with DirecTV, which lets laptops, tablets, and phones connect with the main Genie digital video recorder. Because the wireless video bridge, manufactured by Linksys, isn’t protected by a login page, anyone with access to the device could obtain sensitive information about the device.
- BrickerBot Malware Attacks and Destroys Unsecure IoT Devices Digest Article
- Analysis of 3,200 Phishing Kits Sheds Light on Attacker Tools and Techniques Digest Article
- Severe Flaw in WPA2 Protocol Leaves Wi-Fi Traffic Open to Eavesdropping Digest Article
- Malware Uses Router LEDs to Steal Data From Secure Networks Digest Article
- Encryption – Part 2 of 3 Video Podcast