In a talk at the Derbycon hacker conference in Louisville, Kentucky last week, researchers Adam Caudill and Brandon Wilson showed that they’ve reverse engineered the same USB firmware as Nohl’s SR Labs, reproducing some of Nohl’s BadUSB tricks. And unlike Nohl, the hacker pair has also published the code for those attacks on Github, raising the stakes for USB makers to either fix the problem or leave hundreds of millions of users vulnerable.
- Simple Exploit Allows Attackers to Modify Email Content – Even After It’s Sent! Digest Article
- DoD Announces the Launch of “Code.mil,” an Experiment in Open Source Digest Article
- CCleaner Malware Infects Big Tech Companies With Second Backdoor Digest Article
- The NSA (yes, that NSA) has a Github account now Digest Article
- Mirai and Hajime Locked Into IoT Botnet Battle Digest Article