The massive size of the WordPress plugins ecosystem is starting to show signs of rot, as yet another incident has been reported involving the sale of old abandoned plugins to new authors who immediately proceed to add a backdoor to the original code.
- 9 WordPress Plugins Targeted in Coordinated 4.5-Year Spam Campaign Digest Article
- Massive Brute-Force Attack Infects WordPress Sites with Monero Miners Digest Article
- Ransomware Targeting WordPress – An Emerging Threat Digest Article
- CCleaner Malware Infects Big Tech Companies With Second Backdoor Digest Article
- Researchers Uncover Maze of Hidden Backdoors in European Embassy and Ministry Systems Digest Article