The U.K. is asking vessels to use better practices in maritime cyber security, according to Transport Minister Lord Callanan. The Department for Transport (DfT) has released a new cyber security code of practice for vessels, which Callanan said will help firms develop cyber security assessments and plan, mitigation measures and manage security breaches. “Anything that threatens the reliability and performance of a shipping sector that carries 95 percent of our trade has to be taken seriously,” Callanan said last week during London International Shipping Week.
- Cybersecurity Skills Crisis Causing Rapidly Widening Business Problem Digest Article
- Under Armour Says 150 Million MyFitnessPal Accounts Breached Digest Article
- Equifax Data Breach – Here’s What we can Learn From it Digest Article
- Flush Times for Hackers in Booming Cyber Security Job Market Digest Article
- Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN): Security Implications and Design Solutions CSIAC Webinar