The U.K. is asking vessels to use better practices in maritime cyber security, according to Transport Minister Lord Callanan. The Department for Transport (DfT) has released a new cyber security code of practice for vessels, which Callanan said will help firms develop cyber security assessments and plan, mitigation measures and manage security breaches. “Anything that threatens the reliability and performance of a shipping sector that carries 95 percent of our trade has to be taken seriously,” Callanan said last week during London International Shipping Week.
- Flush Times for Hackers in Booming Cyber Security Job Market Digest Article
- Cybersecurity Skills Crisis Causing Rapidly Widening Business Problem Digest Article
- Ukraine Points Finger at Russian Security Services in Recent Cyber Attack Digest Article
- IBM and Ponemon Study Reveals Organizations Remain Unprepared to Respond to Cyberattacks Digest Article
- Global Shipping Feels Fallout From Maersk Cyber Attack Digest Article