A 20-year-old Florida man was responsible for the large data breach at Uber Technologies Inc last year and was paid by Uber to destroy the data through a so-called “bug bounty” program normally used to identify small code vulnerabilities, three people familiar with the events have told Reuters.
- After Getting Hacked, Uber Paid Hackers $100,000 to Keep Data Breach Secret Digest Article
- Regulators to Press Uber After it Admits Covering up Data Breach Digest Article
- International Hackers Find 106 Bugs in US Air Force Websites Digest Article
- Equifax Data Breach – Here’s What we can Learn From it Digest Article
- Meltdown and Spectre: Vulnerabilities in Modern Computers Leak Passwords and Sensitive Data. Digest Article