Linux kernel security needs a rethink. The Linux kernel today faces an unprecedented safety crisis. Much like when Ralph Nader famously told the American public that their cars were “unsafe at any speed” back in 1965, numerous security developers told the 2016 Linux Security Summit in Toronto that the operating system needs a total rethink to keep it fit for purpose.
- A Decade Old Unix/Linux/BSD Root Privilege-Escalation Bug Discovered Digest Article
- Rakos Malware Takes Over Embedded Linux Devices Digest Article
- Quantum Computers May Have Higher ‘Speed Limits’ Than Thought Digest Article
- “Most serious” Linux privilege-escalation bug ever is under active exploit Digest Article
- WannaCry Ransomware Hits U.S. Critical Infrastructure Digest Article