The most noteworthy security fix in the WordPress 4.7.1 update is for a vulnerability that isn’t actually within WordPress’ own code, but rather in open-source code from the PHPMailer library.
- PHPmailer Bug Leaves Millions of Websites Open to Attack Digest Article
- DoD Announces the Launch of “Code.mil,” an Experiment in Open Source Digest Article
- Zero-Day Windows Security Flaw Could Crash Systems, Cause BSODs Digest Article
- Windows Bug Used to Spread Stuxnet Remains World’s Most Exploited Digest Article
- NIST Updates Cybersecurity Framework, Seeks Comment Digest Article