The most noteworthy security fix in the WordPress 4.7.1 update is for a vulnerability that isn’t actually within WordPress’ own code, but rather in open-source code from the PHPMailer library.
- PHPmailer Bug Leaves Millions of Websites Open to Attack Digest Article
- Overview of the Software Assurance Marketplace (SWAMP) and SWAMP-in-a-Box (SiB) CSIAC Webinar
- Ransomware Targeting WordPress – An Emerging Threat Digest Article
- 9 WordPress Plugins Targeted in Coordinated 4.5-Year Spam Campaign Digest Article
- Is Malware Hiding in Your Resume? Vulnerability in LinkedIn Messenger Would Have Allowed Malicious File Transfer Digest Article