The most noteworthy security fix in the WordPress 4.7.1 update is for a vulnerability that isn’t actually within WordPress’ own code, but rather in open-source code from the PHPMailer library.
- Overview of the Software Assurance Marketplace (SWAMP) and SWAMP-in-a-Box (SiB) CSIAC Webinar
- Three More WordPress Plugins Found Hiding a Backdoor Digest Article
- Is Malware Hiding in Your Resume? Vulnerability in LinkedIn Messenger Would Have Allowed Malicious File Transfer Digest Article
- Ransomware Targeting WordPress – An Emerging Threat Digest Article
- Massive Brute-Force Attack Infects WordPress Sites with Monero Miners Digest Article