The Hawaii State Energy Office has partnered with the GreenBiz Group to launch VERGE Hawaii — Asia Pacific Clean Energy Summit. VERGE Hawaii will explore innovative clean energy policies, models, technologies and infrastructure and sets the stage for immediate actions and plans needed to deliver on Hawaii’s ambitious goal of 100% renewably powered energy by 2045. Further, this VERGE event will serve as a platform for Hawaii’s energy leaders and stakeholders to engage, learn and contribute.
Key questions we’ll address
- What policies, plans, models and regulatory support are needed to reach this goal?
- What is the optimal mix of energy resources and infrastructure improvements and what investment will be required?
- Which technology solutions are available and how best can they be integrated and scaled?
- How can innovation be encouraged, supported and financed?
- How can big data and analytics be leveraged for success?
Who should attend
VERGE Hawaii welcomes those seeking to seize the renewable energy opportunity, whether in Hawaii or elsewhere, by learning from leaders already working to build a sustainable energy future.
- Government and Military officials
- Utility executives
- Corporate executives
- Solution providers and technology innovators
- Leaders from NGOs, Research and Academia
Thought-provoking sessions, workshops and breakouts exploring
- Models for self-sufficiency, resilience and adaptation strategies
- Cost of service vs. performance based models
- Sharing examples of policies and plans from the islands and other state, local and federal governments
- New models and innovations in energy efficiency, demand response, fueling infrastructure, cybersecurity and the circular economy
- Optimization of investment opportunities to achieve desired levels of electricity service, price, and reliability
- Smart, connected building technologies for energy efficiency gains
- Improvements in efficiency of generation, transmission and distribution
- Evolution of the electricity grid, microgrids, storage and grid edge
- Scaling energy efficient transportation infrastructure and systems