Enhance cybersecurity awareness and survivability for DoD, industry partners, and academia in the face of the ever-increasing threat of cyber attacks. Cybersecurity (CS) includes managing risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information and the systems and processes used for those purposes, including analog and physical form. CS includes information availability, identification and authentication, confidentiality, integrity, and non-repudiation as well as the economic considerations with respect to selection of CS techniques, CS processes, and industry trends.
A few questions from an infosec student
Hello everyone. I’m a student majoring in information security. I want to know more about this job sector, since I’m about to graduate and want to be prepared for when I apply.I just want to ask these questions to anyone who works in a related field:
1. What is the advancement in this field? What is the typical path?
2. What educational prep would you recommend for someone who wants to advance here?
3. What qualifications do you seek in a new hire?
4. What companies should I target?
5. Are there any additional courses I should take before applying?
6. If you could start over, would you change your career path?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.