On July 17, the NSA, DISA, NIST, FBI’s NIPC, GSA, SANS Institute, and the Center for Internet Security jointly announced minimum standards for securing computers using Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional. The unprecedented announcement, led by Presidential Cyber Security Advisor Richard Clarke, is an effort to stop most com-mon attacks against computer networks both inside and outside the Government. The new benchmark provides detailed configuration specifications for computers run-ning Windows 2000 Professional and that are to be connected to networks.
– The Importance of Consensus Security Benchmarks
– Measuring the Value of Security Guides
– Enterprise Security Enabled by CVE
– Operationalizing Critical Infrastructure Protection: A Combatant Command Perspective
– The South Florida Honeynet Project: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
– Guard Technologies: Connecting the Dots