In recent years, a few specific threats have caused significant damage to targeted victims.
- Ransomware continues to plague numerous industries.
- Having up-to-date systems and backups are crucial in the defense against ransomware.
- Insider Threats also cause significant damage to unsuspecting organizations.
- Monitoring for unusual activity and workforce morale or behavior are important security techniques.
- An untrained, under qualified or overworked workforce leads to a weaker security posture.
- Invest the time to develop a dedicated security workforce to avoid misconfigurations.
- Security is an ongoing process.
- Continue to re-evaluate your security posture. Often incidents occur because an old system was overlooked.