Data breaches are a routine occurrence and organizations often view a breach as not a matter of if, but rather matter of when. Breaches can be financially lucrative for adversaries. All organizations, regardless of their size, industry and/or geographical location are potential targets. To that point, adversaries are determined and have a seemingly endless supply of critical resources needed to carry out a data breach, including existing and new attack methods. This presentation references recent data breaches for the purposes of identifying various adversarial attack methods and the never-ending challenges faced by organizations. The presentation progresses to the role/risk humans play in the security chain and concludes with some basic risk mitigation strategies for organizations to consider.
- CryptoLocker: Surviving a Ransomware Attack CSIAC Webinar
- The Need for Urgent Collective Action to Keep People Safe Online: Lessons From Last Week’s Cyberattack Digest Article
- Security Analyst Says Yahoo!, Dropbox, LinkedIn, Tumblr All Popped by Same Gang Digest Article
- Yahoo Says One Billion Accounts Exposed in Newly Discovered Security Breach Digest Article
- Study Finds Cyberthreat Data Overwhelming to Security Workers Digest Article