Defending Department of Defense (DoD) networks, systems and data (DDNSD) is a complex and ongoing challenge. On November 13, 2013, the DoD Chief Information Officer issued a new cybersecurity strategy for the Department. At the end of March an unclassified version was made publicly available. Click on the icon below to download a copy of the document. In the Strategy, the four focus areas are listed below:
- Establish a Resilient Cyber Defense Posture
- Transform Cyber Defense Operations
- Enhance Cyber Situational Awareness
- Assure Survivability against Highly-Sophisticated Cyber Attacks
- An updated version of the DoD cybersecurity policy chart aligning to this new strategy will be issued in the near term.
The goal of the DoD Cybersecurity Policy Chart (downloadable via the hyperlinked icon below) is to capture the tremendous breadth of applicable policies, some of which many cybersecurity professionals may not even be aware, in a helpful organizational scheme. The use of color, fonts and hyperlinks are all designed to provide additional assistance to cybersecurity professionals navigating their way through policy issues in order to defend their networks, systems and data.