The Commission on Enhancing National Cybersecurity requests information about current and future states of cybersecurity in the digital economy. As directed by Executive Order 13718, “Commission on Enhancing National Cybersecurity” (the “Executive Order”), the Commission will make detailed recommendations to strengthen cybersecurity in both the public and private sectors while protecting privacy, ensuring public safety and economic and national security, fostering discovery and development of new technical solutions, and bolstering partnerships between Federal, State and local government and the private sector in the development, promotion, and use of cybersecurity technologies, policies, and best practices. The Secretary of Commerce was tasked by the Exective Order to direct the Director of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) to provide the Commission with such expertise, services, funds, facilities, staff, equipment, and other support services as may be necessary to carry out its mission.
- NIST Special Publication 800-171, Revision 1, Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information in Nonfederal Systems and Organizations Reference Document
- Training Resources – Cybersecurity in the Workplace is Everyone’s Business Video Podcast
- Cybersecurity Must Become Core Function of Agencies in Next Administration, Commission Says Digest Article
- Overnight Cybersecurity: Trump postpones cyber order Digest Article
- SEC Discloses Cybersecurity Breach Digest Article