NSA develops and distributes configuration guidance for a wide variety of software, both open source and proprietary. We strive to provide NSA customers and the software development community the best possible security options for the most widely used products. NSA does not favor or promote any specific software product or business model. Rather, we promote enhanced security. NSA has developed and distributed configuration guidance for operating systems. These guides are currently being used throughout the government and by numerous entities as a security baseline for their systems.
- Advances in the Acquisition of Secure Systems Based on Open Architectures Journal Article
- DHS Study on Mobile Device Security Reference Document
- NISTIR 8170 DRAFT – The Cybersecurity Framework: Implementation Guidance for Federal Agencies Reference Document
- One Side Now: The Need to Adopt a Business Systems Approach to Cloud Security Journal Article
- Defense Technical Information Center’s (DTIC’s) Hidden Gems Journal Article