Bromium released a report analyzing Crypto-Ransomware. Crypto-Ransomware uses strong encryption to lock files on a victim’s computer until the ransom is payed. This report includes analysis of several versions of malware including CryptoLocker, Cryptowall/Cryptodefense, and TorrentLocker. It also includes the most common files encrypted by this malware and methods of payments/cost of the ransom.
- CryptoLocker: Surviving a Ransomware Attack CSIAC Webinar
- Ransomware – Simple Steps to Online Safety Video Podcast
- LeakerLocker: Mobile Ransomware Acts Without Encryption Digest Article
- Explained: Sage Ransomware Digest Article
- The Devil Targets Japan with Bad Rabbit-like Wiper-Ransomware Digest Article